Let’s build a sustainable future together
Want to join our team? Look for our vacancies below!
Working at Aquatic Drones means:
- Working in an inspiring and innovative environment
- Good work-life balance with flexible work hours and a combination of working from home and at the office
- The freedom to manage and shape your work yourself
- Working independently and proactively with an eye for the whole and good coordination
- Having the opportunity to learn new things and develop yourself
We believe in Technology for Human Progress and cocreation of automated solutions with a high impact.
Are you passionate about Automation and Robotics? Do you want to work for a scale-up that is revolutionising the maritime industry by protecting & maintaining the waters in a more sustainable, safe & cost-efficient way? We, at Aquatic Drones, are building Unmanned & Autonomous Surface Vessels (USV), waterways, and coasts. We require a Junior/Medior Automation Engineer who has a strong motivation to work in a dynamic environment. Responsibilities include working alongside a committed team to ensure deadlines are met, prototyping and experimentation of various hardware/software subsystems, writing production software and testing to deliver the end products. This role requires someone who can manage themselves and can work along with remote teams in the Netherlands & abroad, who is proactive in identifying issues and creative in coming to solutions.
What are you going to do?
Based on the experience, you will be challenged to perform tasks which includes:
- Prototyping and development of software to measure and control sensors and actuators
- Writing and extending the PLC application program.
- Research and integration of various hardware subsystems.
- Share and discuss the design decisions within the team.
- Maintenance and ownership of the drone control system.
What do we ask?
- A suitable completed academic or HBO education (automation or mechatronics).
- Knowledge of PLC (programmable logic controller). Knowledge of Beckhoff TwinCAT is a plus.
- Practical experience with control systems, motor controllers, actuators, and sensors.
- Knowledge of electronics and fieldbus communication protocols.
- Experience of Blackbox/Whitebox testing of subsystems.
- Experience with C/C++ and scripting language like Python is a plus.
- Interest in autonomy and robotics.
- Participation in the field tests of the drones.
What do we offer?
- A market competitive salary.
- An inspiring working culture with professional colleagues.
- Flexible work hours and a balanced combination of work from office & home.
- Opportunity to make an impact and grow with an innovative company whose driving force is to create value for human progress by protecting & maintaining the waters in a more sustainable, safe & cost-efficient way.
Currently we have no other vacancies.